Tuesday 21 May 2013

Stay Quiet, Demons in My Head

Fade away 
Into yesterday that happened
When the hands struck midnight
And my scar throbs twelve times
Bursting red with questions
That have no answers again today.

Be quiet, don't say a word
For even your silence is poisons
Forced-fed into my gullible mind
Dying of half truths, of lies so brazen
And yet love stays, lingers and listens
And prays there's hope for all that is hurt.

Turn around and take
all your what- ifs and if-onlys
And leave only what is true 
Stay quiet, oh demons in my head
Just fade away into
Nothingness that is you
Perhaps my soul will finally find peace.


1 comment:

  1. I have tears in my eyes , a perfect summation of the feelings I have , the pretence of happiness and fun covers the broken man I reall am , the promises, the words , the I love you's were they all true ?????
    I'm sorry but I needed this , I needed after reading to say how I feel !!!

    ReplyDelete